FRASER (WWJ) – First responders were on the scene of an apartment fire Monday morning in Fraser.
According to authorities, the fire broke out at the Fraser Manor Apartments near the corner of Utica Road and Masonic Boulevard in the early morning hours.
There were no reports of injuries or information about the extent of damage early on Monday.
“I woke up to hop in the shower and there was smoke billowing out the bottom apartments,” said one of the tenants.
The cause of the fire has yet to be determined, though officials say they learned the tenant in the affected unit was a smoker.
Stay tuned to WWJ Newsradio 950 and CBSDetroit.com for continuing updates on this story.