ROYAL OAK (WWJ) – Patch crews are trying to beat Mother Nature with another day full of pothole patching on area freeways.
Emergency concrete repairs will continue Wednesday with multiple lane closures along I-696 westbound past Woodward and I-696 eastbound starting at Dequindre. Work also continues along I-75 southbound from Crooks Road, along with Telegraph Road southbound past Orchard Lake Road.
Drivers should expect backups and delays throughout the day.
The following closures are planned Wednesday, Feb. 28:
I-696 in Oakland County
Westbound I-696 to Southfield:
• 7 am – 7 pm — only left lane open, 3 right lanes closed
• 7 am – 7 pm — WB 696 ramp to Southfield/11 Mile closed
I-696 in Macomb County
Eastbound I-696 from Dequindre to Van Dyke:
• 7 am – 7 pm — 2 left lanes open, 2 right lanes closed
• Mound ramps to EB 696 will close as crews approach area and will reopen as soon as possible
I-75 in Oakland County
Southbound I-75 from Crooks to Wattles:
• 7am – 7pm — only left lane open, 2 right lanes closed
• 7 am – 7 pm –Crooks ramp to SB 75 likely to be closed
US-24/Telegraph in OaklandCounty
SB US-24 from Orchard Lake to Square Lake:
• 8am – 6:30pm — only left lane open, 2 right lanes closed
Know before you go: Keep it tuned to WWJ Newsradio 950 for the latest forecast during traffic and weather, every 10 minutes on the 8s. See live, local radar at this link; and check for accidents on local freeways here.