A woman suffered a “significant facial injury” after an e-cigarette exploded at The Vape Shop in Machesney Park, Illinois Monday afternoon.

Fire Chief Joel Hallstrom told the station the woman was rushed to a hospital after a lithium battery inside the e-cigarette exploded and started a small fire inside the shop on Harlem Road.

Winnebago County Sheriff’s Lt. Pete DalPra said the woman took the e-cigarette to the vape shop Monday because it had been malfunctioning. After the battery was charged, she put it in her mouth and began to puff on it when it exploded, causing a “severe wound to her lower face” and starting a fire, he said.

Click here to continue.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s