Here are the top stories for the week of August 20, 2018 that you may have missed on the new CBSDetroit.com.
- Latest: Stevie Wonder, Jennifer Hudson Among Performers Set For Aretha Franklin’s Funeral: Stevie Wonder, Jennifer Hudson, Yolanda Adams and Jennifer Holliday will be among those performing at Aretha Franklin’s funeral, a source with knowledge of the planning says.
- Toddlers Survive Alone For Days After Car Wreck Kills Mother: A 3-year-old boy and his 1-year-old brother survived alone for about two days after they were passengers in a single-car wreck that killed their mother in south Arkansas.
- Man Urinated On 5-Year-Old Black Girl, Called Her Racial Slur, Police Say: A man has been arrested after police say he urinated on a 5-year-old black girl in an alley in western Michigan and called her a racial slur.
- Coconut Oil Is ‘Pure Poison,’ Harvard Professor Claims: Months after a report from the American Heart Association (AHA) warned against consuming coconut oil, a Harvard professor is blasting the popular product as “pure poison.”
- Recap: MTV VMAS 2018: Complete List Of Winners, Highlights, Madonna Slammed For Aretha Tribute: MTV’s biggest night of the year, the Video Music Awards, was an A+ spectacle with both pop culture and politics headlines. The top prize, video of the year, went to Camila Cabello for “Havana…” Cabello also won artist of the year.
- Click For Cash Contest: Wanna win some easy money? How does $500 sound? Well, here’s your chance – because CBS 62 is giving away $500 a day – weekdays August 6th – 31st. Click here to enter.