(CBS DETROIT) – A new report looked at a variety of factors to come up with a list on where people should retire in Michigan.
Six cities in Michigan made the report and the top city selected to retire in is Troy.READ MORE: CDC: New Listeria Outbreak Tied To 23 Illnesses, 1 Death
The Chamber of Commerce named Troy as No. 1 and Livonia at the No. 2 spot.
The website analyzed eight factors from the U.S. Census the FBI, and the American Association of Medical Colleges:READ MORE: Red Wings Hire Lightning Assistant Derek Lalonde As Coach
– The percentage of the population older than 65.
– The percentage of retirees in the 65 or older population.
– The overall poverty rate.
– The percentage of the population with a bachelor’s degree or higher.
– The median cost of housing.
– The number of physicians per 100,000 people.
– The amount of violent crimes per 100,000 people.
– The number of police officers per 100,000 people.
Southfield, Warren and Westland also made the list.MORE NEWS: Troubling Arsenic Levels Found At Some Detroit Demolition Sites
For more information visit here.