(CBS DETROIT) – The Gilbert Family Foundation, with local partners based in Detroit, will announce a historic investment into renter eviction defense in Detroit.
According to a press release, the announcement will be made at 10 a.m. today, May 23.READ MORE: COVID-19 Vaccines Saved Nearly 20 Million Lives In First Year, Study Says
During the press conference these individuals will discuss the legal aid being donated to assist renters facing eviction:
- Jennifer Gilbert, co-founder, Gilbert Family Foundation
- Laura Grannemann, Executive Director, Gilbert Family Foundation
- Ashley Lowe, CEO, Lakeshore Legal Aid
- Neil Steinkamp, Managing Director of the Transformative Change Consulting practice, Stout
- Conrad Mallet, Corporation Counsel, City of Detroit
- Mary Sheffield, President, Detroit City Counsel
This announcement comes two weeks after the City of Detroit passed a Right to Counsel ordinance, which was introduced by Council President Mary Sheffield and passed unanimously by the Detroit City Council.MORE NEWS: AG Nessel Says Abortions Are Still Legal In Michigan
© 2022 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.