(CBS DETROIT) — Changes in technology are happening at Delta Airlines in the Detroit Metro Airport.
The airline, in partnership with Misapplied Sciences, is creating a personalized digital information screen for passengers. Nearly 100 travelers will be able to view their own flight information through facial recognition technology at the same time.READ MORE: Ribs RnB Music Festival Kicks Off This Weekend In Downtown Detroit
The Parallel Reality technology, which debuted in 2020, will show travel information on a single large-scale screen located just after security, according to Delta.READ MORE: Judge Says Michigan Gov. Whitmer Won't Have To Testify In Abortion Lawsuit
How to experience the exhibit:
- After moving through security at Detroit, customers will see the Parallel Reality display near the Delta Sky Club (Concourse A, McNamara Terminal).
- To initiate the experience:
- All customers are welcome to interact with the experience. Ticketed passengers can simply scan their boarding pass.
- Customers enrolled in digital identity through the Fly Delta App can activate facial recognition at the exhibit kiosk.
- Leveraging multi-view pixels and proprietary technology, the PARALLEL REALITY experience enables each customer to see personalized, in-language messages – tailored just to them – as they walk past the digital screen.
- Tailored messages include personalized wayfinding, flight information or updates to boarding time.
- This experience will always be opt-in, and customer information is not stored.
© 2022 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.