A couple from Macomb County was on the tour bus that slammed into a truck in Egypt on Sunday — killing eight American tourists and injuring nearly two dozen more. 

Bob and Barbara Galster of Utica were on NBC’s “Today” this morning. Barbara sustained leg injuries in the crash and was taken to a hospital in Cairo. 

READ MORE: Annual Mackinac Bridge Walk Returns This Year: Here's What To Know

Egyptian security officials said the some of the injured Americans were first transferred to a military hospital for treatment and then 10 of the injured, including two Egyptians, were airlifted to a hospital in Cairo.

READ MORE: Michigan Reports 13,102 New COVID-19 Cases, 64 Deaths Over The Last Week

The official said the group was part of a larger tour of 116 American tourists who were traveling in three buses.

MORE NEWS: Free COVID-19 Tests Available To 60K Michigan Households In At-Risk Communities

AP contributed to this report.