DETROIT (WWJ) – The Michigan Humane Society (MHS) is seeking metro Detroit’s most photogenic pets for its 2012 Pet Calendar.
The $20 entry fee per photo guarantees inclusion in MHS’ 14th annual calendar. Twelve top photo entries will be selected for special “Pet of the Month” placement, with all other photos appearing in a variety of formats throughout the calendar.READ MORE: Michigan Matters: Fighting for Inclusion, Detroit's Place in Civil Rights History
Dogs and cats wearing collars and ID tags, and cats photographed indoors will receive the best consideration.
Photo guidelines:READ MORE: Karen Carter, and Others Metro Detroiters Chipped In To Help Salvation Army’s Bed and Bread Radiothon
- Photos must be clear, in color, contain only animals
- Photos must be no larger than 4” X 6”
- Horizontal (landscape) orientation and gloss finish preferred
- For quality reasons, color prints made at home on inkjet or laser printers cannot be considered for Pet of the Month placement. However, these types of prints will be accepted for the smaller photos used throughout the calendar.
- Photos taken at a commercial studio must include a signed copyright release from the photographer
- Entries are limited to one photo per $20 entry fee
- All photos become property of MHS and cannot be returned
Entries must be postmarked by June 15, 2011. Write your name, phone number and pet’s name on the back of each photo using a permanent felt-tip pen (not a ballpoint, which may damage the photo).
Mail entries by June 15 to: Michigan Humane Society 2012 Pet Calendar, 30300 Telegraph Rd. Suite 220, Bingham Farms, MI 48025.
In the fall, MHS 2012 Pet Calendars will be available for purchase for $15 plus tax at www.michiganhumane.org. Calendar proceeds will help the MHS change the lives of animals in need.MORE NEWS: Granholm Confirmed By Senate To Be Next Energy Secretary
For more information, call the MHS administrative office at 1-866-MHUMANE. To download an entry form and photo guidelines, click here.