1. Another wild night last night in the AL Comedy Central. First place Cleveland fails to turn a routine 6-4-3 double play against the Yankees and it costs them the game. The White Sox strand 13 base runners and go 2 for 12 with RISP against Felipe Paulino and the Royals at home and lose, and of course, The Tigers fail to take advantage. Detroit scratches just 2 hits off of Dan Haren and allows a run to score by throwing the ball to the wrong base. What a wild season so far in the division.
2. Speaking of the Tigers. Why is Ryan Raburn batting in the 8th inning last night against Haren? Detroit is down a run and needs a base runner. That’s all. Did anybody see his attempted “bunt for a base hit with a runner on second base and one out” routine in the fifth inning? Even TV analyst Rod Allen went silent. Completely silent.READ MORE: Safety Is Top Priority As Parents, Students Prepare For Upcoming School Year
3. In the meantime, Justin Verlander was wicked again last night.
This guy is truly becoming an elite pitcher in the game and his demeanor on the mound in tight spots is fun to watch. Props also to Alex Avila, who really has improved his “game-calling” and he works very well with Verlander.
4. In regards to the highly-controversial Casey Anthony verdict: Our legal system is not without fault. The system is a good system, and I hear what many of you are saying in regards to the jury and its decision, but, do not tell me that justice was served for Caylee because it was not.MORE NEWS: Businesses Make Changes To Keep Customers Safe Amid Boil Water Advisory In SE Michigan
5. I miss the NBA. I miss what would have been the start of free agency and I truly feel bad for die-hard Pistons fans who were getting excited again about the team and Brandon Knight.