DETROIT (WWJ) – Charges have been dismissed against a woman who held Detroit Police at bay in a standoff several months ago.
“Justice has prevailed,” Maryanne Godboldo told reporters on Monday.READ MORE: Michigan rises to No. 2
The case against her has brought national attention, but 36th District Court Judge Ronald Giles has dismissed all criminal charges against Godboldo.
Godboldo had been charged with discharge of a weapon and three counts of felonious assault, among other charges, stemming from a 12-hour standoff with police in March.
“I was very pleased that Judge Giles ruled in my favor,” said Godboldo. “That means he really sat down and looked at the information.”
Godboldo said police did not produce a warrant when they came to remove her 13-year-old daughter.READ MORE: Chaotic Finish Leaves Lions At 0-10-1
She testified that Child Protective Services sent officers to the house for her daughter because she had taken the girl off an anti-psychotic drug that she said was doing more harm than good.
It’s not over. A spokesperson for Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy’s office said they do plan to appeal the court’s decision.
A juvenile court jury found Goldboldo guilty of neglect, and she faces a custody hearing next month.
After the standoff, the teen was placed in a psychiatric hospital. She has since been released and is staying with a relative, where Godboldo is allowed to visit her.MORE NEWS: Michigan Matters: EV's Supercharging Impact Across Metro Detroit