DETROIT (WWJ) – Chief Ralph Godbee said the two 15-year-olds suspected of killing a 6-year-old in a failed carjacking on the city’s east side were involved in four carjackings earlier. Godbee wants them tried as adults.

After a number of crimes in the city of Detroit over the past 24 hours, Mayor Dave Bing is also speaking out.

READ MORE: Michigan Matters: The Political Road Ahead

In another incident — just Monday — a 14-year-old boy allegedly shot and killed his mother while she slept, and two dead bodies were found burned on the east side.

A 9-month-old boy was killed last week when his home was sprayed with bullets from an AK-47.

READ MORE: 'My Name Is Sara' Film On Holocaust Survivor Premieres In Metro Detroit

“Stop the madness, let’s get out here in the streets – let’s get in our homes, let’s let these young people know, that we care about them but at the same time we are not going to allow  them to create havoc on the citizens here in the city,” said Bing, adding:

“When we start impacting the lives and the safety of our seniors and our children we can not as a community stand idly by.”

Bing – with Godbee by his side during a “stop the violence” press conference Monday, said a small number of young people are committing these crimes. He said his administration is talking to the FBI and other agencies to find a way to stop the violence.

MORE NEWS: Dearborn Homecoming Festival Kicks Off This Weekend

Bing called on parents to do their part.