DETROIT (WWJ) – Firefighters believe they have a serial arsonist on their hands in Southwest Detroit where two vacant homes burned completely to the ground Monday morning.

One firefighter on the scene told WWJ City Beat reporter Vickie Thomas he was too tired to talk. He said there had been 13 fires in that area since about 8 a.m. Easter Sunday.

READ MORE: Hispanic Heritage Month: Mexicantown Through Artist Eyes

Reporting from the scene at Thaddeus and Cary, Fort Street/Springwells area, Thomas said while the fire itself was out by 6:30 a.m., two flames continued to shoot up from the ground later in the morning.

READ MORE: United Airlines Facing Record $1.9 Million Fine For Extended Delays

DTE Energy officials said they would have to dig to shut off the gas line before those fires could be extinguished.

MORE NEWS: Ford Recalls Mustang Mach-E For Windshield, Sunroof Issues

No injuries were reported.