By: Jeff Lesson
The Europeans have won five of the last six Ryder Cups despite team USA nearly always having the better team on paper. The following are the reasons why.READ MORE: Ferndale Schools District Reinstating Face Masks Starting This Week
1. It means more to the Europeans. This is either the most important event for them or just behind The British Open, while the Americans value all four majors more. They also gel together better as a team and really enjoy being together, while the Americans often act as a bunch of individuals.
2. The top Americans often choke. The pressure of the Ryder Cup is unlike that of any other event in golf. Playing for your teammates and your country is unique in golf and the Euros relish it.
3. The Americans never pick the right team. Of the fourteen Americans on the team a total of ZERO have winning Ryder Cup records. Yet each American captain seems to place importance on Ryder Cup experience over winning records at The Ryder Cup. That is how America has golfers like Jim Furyk playing with one of the worst Ryder Cup records of all time.READ MORE: Ford, GM, Stellantis Reinstate Masks At Facilities In Areas With 'High' COVID Risk
4. The Euros have four of the top players in the world on this team. To make matters worse for the Americans, captain Davis Love III has inexplicably benched both Masters Champion Bubba Watson and US Open Champion Webb Simpson in the Friday morning matches. This makes zero sense. Why would you not play two of the top three ranked players on your team?
5. Tiger Woods has played in six Ryder Cups and only won once. His record is 9-13-1 in four ball and foursomes.
6. Tiger Woods cares much more about Majors and other individual events.MORE NEWS: Bank Of America Report Shows A Competitive Homebuying Season
7. Get me a beer.