DETROIT (WWJ) – A 49-year-old Madison Heights man suspected in nearly a dozen bank robberies is now facing a slew of charges.
Derrick Dwayne Sebree on Thursday was arraigned in U.S. District Court in Detroit on eight counts of bank robbery. Each charge carries a 20-year maximum sentence under federal law.READ MORE: Person Of Interest In Zion Foster Case Turns Himself In
Sebree waived his right to a detention hearing Friday and is jailed on an unsecured bond. He’s due back in court for a preliminary examination on May 14.READ MORE: Attorney Representing Abuse Survivors Speaks Out Following UM $490 Settlement
Police say Sebree was arrested Wednesday morning after robbing a TCF Bank at Crooks and 12 Mile roads in Royal Oak. Sebree fled from police until he crashed into a Southfield police cruiser on 11 Mile Road just west of Greenfield Road.
Investigators believe Sebree is the same individual involved in similar bank robberies in the area, including:
- Robbery – March 13, 12:21 p.m. at Beverly Hills Independence Bank (Southfield and 14 Mile)
- Robbery – Feb. 22, 9:54 a.m. at Royal Oak Citizens Bank (Lincoln and Main)
- Robbery – Feb. 8, 10:10 a.m. at Birmingham Comerica Bank (15 Mile and Southfield)
- Robbery — Jan. 28, 10:15 a.m. at Berkley Charter One (Woodward and Catalpa)
- Robbery – Jan. 15, 9:50 a.m. at Royal Oak Charter One Bank (Second and Main)
- Robbery – Dec. 26, 1:50 p.m. at Royal Oak PNC Bank (Third and Main)
- Robbery — Dec. 20, 1:20 p.m. at Madison Heights PNC Bank (12 Mile and John R)