ANN ARBOR — Merit Network Inc. Monday announced the launch of its new web site, www.merit.edu.
Merit says the new, interactive site is a valuable resource for technology services, training, news, and much more.READ MORE: Michigan Matters: “Help Wanted!” Growing Woe for Business
Merit has had a public web site since the inception of the World Wide Web, and users around the globe regularly visit the web site. Merit’s new web presence is capable of supporting multiple user devices and can be viewed as a mobile version, a standard graphic version, or a text-only version.READ MORE: Detroit Police Department Holds Graduation Ceremony For Recruit Class 2021-G
Developed over the last three months by Merit’s web development and communications team, the new web site has a fresh, modern look and many user-friendly features, including:
• Professional Development Opportunities – Upcoming training and seminars can be viewed in a categorized list, a yearlong snapshot, or convenient monthly calendar format.
• Membership section – Provides a wealth of information for current and prospective members, including the Value of Merit and the Benefits of Membership.
• Introduction to Merit Services – Provides a primer on Merit’s services, describing the services that are part of Merit’s diverse offerings.
• Recommended Services – This new page helps users determine which Merit services may be best suited for their organization.
• Merit Blogs – Several informative blogs on new technologies, cybersecurity, professional development opportunities, and Merit services are maintained by Merit staff.
• Michigan Cyber Range – Cybersecurity professionals can find certification courses and training opportunities, as well as information on the Michigan Cyber Range.
• What’s New @ merit.edu – Helpful segment on the main web page that informs users of recent updates and changes.
• Social Media – Users can click a “Tweet This” button to pass along information about a Merit web page to their Twitter feed. The web site also provides links to Merit’s Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn sites.
Merit Network, a nonprofit corporation owned and governed by Michigan’s public universities, owns and operates America’s longest-running regional research and education network. In 1966, Michigan’s public universities created Merit to conduct the then-novel project of linking their mainframe computers. Today’s Merit provides high-performance networking and IT solutions to Michigan’s public universities, colleges, K-12 organizations, libraries, state government, healthcare, and other non-profit organizations.MORE NEWS: Here's A Look At Weekend Construction Happening In Metro Detroit
More at www.merit.edu.