SOUTHFIELD — Plante Moran PLLC has launched a website to guide employers and healthcare providers through the intricacies of U.S. healthcare reform.
Plante Moran says the site gives employers and healthcare providers access to webinars, videos and articles focused on the implementation of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, or PPACA.READ MORE: Michigan Matters: Inspiring Entrepreneurs & Business Owners
The site, http://healthcarereform.plantemoran.com, also offers a downloadable “decision tree” that can help companies determine if they are considered a large employer who must comply with the regulations outlined in PPACA.
“Navigating the complexities of healthcare reform requires a tremendous amount of expertise,” said Ed Murphy, president of Plante Moran Group Benefit Advisors. “Our new website and the tools it offers can help employers analyze the options available to them and optimize decisions, from tax compliance to benefit plan design and pricing, and from reimbursement to capital planning strategy.
“Our hope is that the information on our new website is on point, easy to understand and will be a guide to assist in compliance with PPACA.”READ MORE: 10 Places To Celebrate National Barbecue Day In Metro Detroit
The new website features:
* A series of spring 2013 archived webinars, including employee benefits purchasing strategies and public/private exchanges. A new Plante Moran webinar series, including healthcare topics, will be launched in the fall.
* A free mobile app available for iPhone, iPad and Android devices containing everything available on the new website.
* Seven video vignettes that focus on various aspects of healthcare reform for employers, including an overview of the law and its history, public health exchanges and implementation and strategy
* A decision tree guide to help employers determine the applicability of the Shared Responsibility rules
* A 2013-14 Healthcare Outlook, along with other informative articles authored by Plante Moran accountants and advisers
* A “cost of care” benchmarking tool focused on seven key metrics that allows healthcare providers to see how they rank against their peers
* A hospital board member “best practices” checklist that provides new board members and healthcare executives with easy-to-digest documents focused on helping them achieve their organization’s mission
“As the research and implementation planning for healthcare reform continues, uncertainty about the appropriate steps can paralyze employers and providers into inaction,” Murphy said. “At Plante Moran, our goal is to provide the tools, understanding and the team needed to help organizations make the best decisions in a timely fashion.”MORE NEWS: Chief Search: Detroit Board Of Police Commissioners Agree To Find Candidates
More at www.plantemoran.com.