SOUTHFIELD (WWJ) – With just a week to go before the big deadline, the push is on to get people enrolled for coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
If you need to get signed up but you’ve put it off til now or you tried and had trouble, there’s another free event going on Monday.
State Representative Rudy Hobbs, who’s hosting the event, says trained navigators from partnering organizations will be on-hand to walk attendees through picking a plan.
“The President’s Health Care Law has brought much-needed relief to individuals in our state. In order to take advantage of this historic opportunity, it’s important that residents are aware of their new coverage options and the financial assistance available,” said Hobbs. “I encourage anyone who is uninsured or underinsured, and needs quality coverage, to attend the event and get enrolled before the March 31 deadline.”
Affordable Care Act Information and Enrollment event runs Monday, March 24, from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Southfield Public Library, 26300 Evergreen Road, Southfield
What to bring:
• Social Security numbers and birthdates for family members and dependents
• Pay stubs (last 30 days)
• 2013 W-2 or other information about total family income
• If an immigrant, your legal documentation
• Policy and member number for current insurance coverage
• Information about health coverage from employer (even if you don’t use it)