By Edward Cardenas
DETROIT (CBS Detroit) – Punch Bowl Social is expanding its offerings beyond unique dishes, drinks and retro games to include a weekend brunch.
The new brunch offerings include a Bloody Mary bar that features McClure’s Bloody Mary mix with house-made jerky and pickles and a live DJ spinning vinyl from the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s.
“Punch Bowl Social’s gastro-diner concept allows us to craft delicious comfort food without sacrificing quality,” said Anthony Salvatore, sous chef, Punch Bowl Social, in a release in Detroit. “As always, our brunch features an entirely made-from-scratch menu and locally sourced products.”
Punch Bowl Social will offer the brunch from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Among the menu items that will be available include:
- Blintz: Vanilla crepes filled with lavender ricotta filling and topped with fresh apricot jam and grated almonds,
- Breakfast Tacos: Eggs, chorizo, pico, salsa, peppers and potatoes,
- Frittata: Breakfast pie of eggs with sweet potato, kale, leeks, smoked gouda, mushrooms and greens,
- Monkey Bread French Toast: Locally-sourced, brioche bread with salted caramel and candied walnuts,
- PBS Burger: A blackened patty topped with smoked gouda, belly bacon, southern mustard sauce and tobacco onions on a potato bun,
- Chicken & Waffles: Panko breaded chicken breast served on top a malted waffle with chipotle pecan maple syrup, strawberries and candied walnuts.
“Brunch at Punch Bowl Social offers a new option for Detroiters,” said Chris Housholder, beverage director, Punch Bowl Social Detroit, in a release.
There is also entertainment with music spun by local DJs and activities including arcade games and bowling at the popular downtown Detroit location.
The multi-level, 24,000-square-foot “Eatertainment” facility is located on the ground floor of Bedrock Real Estate’s Z parking structure has been a huge success according to Dan Gilbert.
“They’ve had record months already, and are beating the rest of their stores which are in some major urban locations around the country,” said Gilbert, founder and CEO of Rock Ventures, which includes Bedrock Real Estate in its portfolio.