Below are our top 5 viewed sports stories of the week.
5. Verlander Says MLB Will Have To Answer For All-Star Game Voting; Reliever Calls System ‘Cheap,’ Others Say Social Media Advantage Unfair
“We have the best All-Star Game going as far as interaction with the fans,” Verlander said. “I think it’s by far better than the other sports, but something needs to change, especially if what is happening happens.”
4. Urban Meyer Blocks In Car That Took His Parking Spot
The Ohio State football coach takes almost everything seriously — maybe even a little too seriously. On Monday, Buckeyes junior running back Warren Ball posted a photo on Twitter showing what Meyer does when people steal his parking spot.
3. Verlander Rocks $3,000 Suits, Talks Kate Upton, Nude Photo Scandal In New Forbes Interview And Photo Spread
Seriously, he talks about his car collection, which includes an Aston Martin, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and more. “I want to keep them and start a collection and have a barn full of cars all day,” he tells the magazine.
2. Michigan State’s Cotton Bowl Rings Take Shot At 35-11 Win Over Michigan
Michigan might not consider Michigan State a top-tier rival but that doesn’t stop Michigan State from making sure Michigan doesn’t forget their latest loss to the Spartans.
1. Prince Fielder Belly-Flops Rounding Third Base
Prince Fielder scored a run, on a play after stumbling around third base and face-planting into the ground, and later drove in a run one with an infield single for the Rangers.