MOUNT CLEMENS (WWJ) – Mount Clemens is getting into the holiday spirit.
The 26th annual Christmas Open House is taking place Friday evening in downtown Mount Clemens, ushering in the start of the holiday season.READ MORE: Detroit Man Charged In Connection With Son's Fatal Shooting
The traditional festivities start at 5 p.m. on the Fountain Stage, located on Macomb Place between North Walnut and Pine Streets. Santa will arrive by horse-drawn sleigh around 6 p.m. and will receive a key to the city from Mayor Barb Dempsey. Then, on Santa’s cue, downtown Mount Clemens will come aglow with all of the holiday decorations illuminating at once.
The Wonderland Warming Center will be open from 5 to 9 p.m. at 70 Macomb Place, and will feature a magic show, meet and greet characters, life-size Candy Land game, and more.
Guests can pick up free “Santa Pass” photo appointment reservation cards at the Fountain Stage starting at 5 p.m. Appointments are scheduled in half hour intervals, allowing guests to explore Downtown activities while waiting for their reserved time with Santa. Reservations fill up very quickly and are issued on a first come, first serve basis. For the best time selection, guests should plan to arrive early.READ MORE: Henry Ford Health Looking Overseas For Nurses
From 6:30 to 9:00 p.m., families will have the opportunity to use their Santa Pass for free pictures with Santa Claus. Numerous activities designed for all ages are planned throughout the downtown area to ensure families enjoy their time while waiting for their appointment with Santa Claus.
Free horse-drawn trolley rides around downtown are available from 6:30 to 9 p.m. The boarding station will be located at the northwest corner of Macomb Place and North Walnut Street.
Many downtown businesses are getting into the holiday as well, with free or low-cost children’s activities during the Christmas Open House, along with special sales, raffles and giveaways.MORE NEWS: 15-Year-Old Taylor Student Found With Gun After Threat To Security Officer
- Photos with Santa – ABC Magic Shop located at 69 North Walnut Street
- Free horse-drawn trolley rides – Boarding at Macomb Place and North Walnut Street
- Raffle for Ukulele – Ardis Music located at 49 North Walnut Street
- Crafts for kids – Gumbo’s located at 55 North Walnut Street
- Free candy canes – Studio 58 Salon & Spa located at 58 North Walnut Street
- Christmas card making for troops overseas – Seeburger’s Cheeseburgers located at 71 North Main Street
- Design your own bookmark – Paperback Writer Books/Weirdsville Records located at 61 Macomb Place
- Decorate your own chocolate bar – Champagne Chocolates located at 65 Macomb Place, Suite E
- Decorate a holiday cookie – Chantel’s Jail House Deli located at 64 Macomb Place
- Cider & donuts – Thomas Nevin Jewelers located at 64 Cherry Street
- Christmas candy for kids – Gus’ Coney Island located at 55 North Main Street