The North American International Auto Show is adding a bit more mobility to its step with its break out Automobili-D exhibit which opens Sunday as media days begin for the biggest auto show in the world at Cobo Center.
With over 5,0000 journalists expected, the annual event highlights what everyone across the globe knows – that Detroit put the world on wheels over 100 years ago. And as revolution unfolds with autonomous vehicles and other changes —- it will again have a major role.READ MORE: Detroit Police: 12-Year-Old Grazed By Bullet During Altercation In Detroit
How will this revolution around self-driving vehicles impact you and your family?
CBS 62 is proud to re-broadcast its latest “Eye on the Future” special “Giving Up the Wheel, a Look at our Autonomous Future” this Sunday at 11:30 am.
Leaders at the forefront of this critical conversation explain how Detroit and our state are preparing for these seismic changes in this riveting 30-minute special.
The CBS 62 Emmy-winning “Eye on the Future” team of Carol Cain, Senior Producer/Host, and Paul Pytlowany, Chief Videographer/Editor, talk to leaders from automotive, academia, and politics about this vital topic impacting everyone.READ MORE: Motorcyclist Killed In West Michigan Crash
And the CBS 62 crew also takes viewers along as they ride in an autonomous car along I-75 in Auburn Hills as well as a ride in an autonomous shuttle. They also ride in a Model T—the first car mass produced by Henry Ford which gave rise to city’s nickname — the Motor City.
“There are so many developments in the quickly changing conversation around mobility,” said Brian Watson, CBS 62/CW50 VP Station Manager & Director of Sales.
“We are helping to keep viewers informed about the autonomous revolution unfolding before our eyes,” Watson added.
Among those appearing in “Giving Up the Wheel, a Look at Our Autonomous Future:”
- Gov. Rick Snyder
- Sen. Gary Peters
- Sen. Debbie Stabenow
- Cong. Debbie Dingell
- Bill Ford
- Mary Barra
- Sam’s Slaughter, Owner, Sellers Auto Group
- Joseph Richardson Jr., AAA Michigan President
- John Maddox, CEO of American Center For Mobility
- Steve Arwood, CEO of MED
- Kirk Steudel, Director, MDOT
- Huei Peng, Director, University of Michigan Mobility Transformation Center
- Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson
- Macomb County Executive Mark Hackel
- Jim McBride, Senior Technical Leader, Ford Autonomous Vehicles
- Anya Babbitt, CEO, SPLT
- Ted Serbinski, Managing Director, Techstars Mobility
- Jay Ellis, Director of Business Development, PolySync
- John McElroy, Host, Autoline
- Mike Ableson, GM Vice President of Global Strategy
- Frank Sgambati, Director of Marketing and Product Innovation for Chassis Systems Control at Bosch
- Jessica Renick, Program Manager, Maven
- Davie Garrett, LYFT customer
- Carrie Morton, Deputy Director, Mobility Transformation Center at UM
- Kevin Mills, Associate Director, Ground Vehicle Robotics at TARDEC
- Scott Heim, Project Manager, Connected Autonomous Vehicles, TARDEC
- Scott LaRiche, VP of Lou LaRiche Chevrolet
Watch “Giving Up the Wheel, a Look at our Autonomous Future” 11:30 am Sunday only on CBS 62.