DETROIT, Mich. (CBS DETROIT) – JuJuan Parks was arraigned on 16 charges at 36th District Court in connection with the fatal shooting of a Detroit officer on Nov. 20.
Officer Rasheen McClain and his partner Phillippe Batoum-Bisse responded to a incident in the 20000 block of Wyoming Avenue in Detroit. McClain was killed and Batoum-Bisse was injured.READ MORE: What Is The Best Sunscreen For Me? Environmental Working Group Releases Annual Guide
Parks is charged with:
– one count of first degree premeditated murder
– murder of a police officer
– three counts of assault with intent to murder
– one count of resisting and obstructing a police officer causing death
– one count of discharging a weapon inside a building causing death
– one count of discharging a weapon in a building causing serious impairment
– one count of felon in possession of a firearm
– eight felony firearm violations
His bond was denied.
He is being held at the Wayne County Jail.
© 2019 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.MORE NEWS: Michigan Court Seeks More From Whitmer About Abortion Ban Challenge