MICHIGAN (CBS DETROIT) — 28 easy-to-use self-service stations have been placed in Meijer stores across Michigan to allow customers to renew their vehicle plate and registration in minutes.
Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson announced the news Monday stating in the weeks ahead, more Meijer locations will be getting the self-service stations.
“Meijer stores are a favorite shopping spot for many Michiganders, and now many of them will also be a place where you can complete Secretary of State transactions, such as renewing your tabs,” Benson said. “We’re very pleased to partner with Meijer to bring this convenience to our mutual customers.”
Residents don’t need to have their renewal packet with them to renew their registration at a self-service station. Eligible vehicles can be renewed with only the plate number and the last four digits of the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
Self-service stations offer renewals for automobiles, motorcycles and watercraft. The kiosks can print auto and motorcycle tabs. Watercraft tabs are mailed to customers. The new machines will add numerous driver-related transactions once the Michigan Department of State completes the second portion of its computer system upgrade in March 2021.
Here’s a list of the self-service stations in Meijer across Michigan:
- Auburn Hills – 800 Brown Road
- Battle Creek – 2191 Columbia Ave. W
- Battle Creek – 6405 B Drive N
- Belleville – 9701 Belleville Road
- Big Rapids – 15400 Waldron Way
- Cadillac – 8605 34 Road
- Chesterfield – 27255 23 Mile Road
- Clinton Township – 40445 S. Groesbeck Highway
- Commerce Township – 1703 Haggerty Highway
- Detroit – 1301 W. Eight Mile Road
- Detroit – 21431 Grand River Ave.
- Escanaba – 505 N. 26th St.
- Fraser – 34835 Utica Road
- Gaylord – 250 Meijer Drive
- Grand Rapids – 1540 28th St. SE
- Greenville – 606 S. Greenville West Drive
- Kalamazoo – 6660 W. Main St.
- Lincoln Park – 3710 Dix Highway
- Ludington – 3900 W. US-10
- Madison Heights – 1005 E. 13 Mile Road
- Marysville – 205 S. Range Road
- Mount Pleasant – 1015 Pickard St.
- Muskegon – 700 W. Norton Ave.
- Portage – 5121 S. Westnedge Ave.
- Rochester Hills – 3175 S. Rochester Road
- Roseville – 30800 Little Mack Ave.
- Shelby Township – 15055 Hall Road
- Southfield – 28800 Telegraph Road
For an up-to-date listing of all of the locations statewide with the new self-service stations, visit Michigan.gov/SOSSelfService. Many of the kiosks are available to customers 24/7.
— Michigan Department of State (@MichSoS) February 24, 2020
© 2020 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.