If you’re looking for a career that will motivate, challenge and excite you, look no further. CBS 62 & CW50 offers you the potential to grow in a creative, fun, and fast-paced work environment.
Work for a company with a long history of success and be a part of an award-winning team. The CBS 62 & CW50 staff comprises dedicated and enthusiastic people who each possess unique talents and abilities. The Emmys, The Telly Awards, The Associated Press News Awards, The Michigan Association of Broadcasting Awards are just a few of the many awards achieved by employees at CBS 62.
CBS 62 & CW50provides careers in business, commercial production, design, engineering, office services, programming, promotions, public affairs, and sales.
We take note of hard work and promote from within. There are also plenty of opportunities for relocation at one of our many stations across the country.
ViacomCBS Corporation places a high value on providing equal employment opportunities and maintaining a diverse workforce. We work hard to comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination, and we strive to make our workforce reflect the rich diversity of our society. CBS Corporation recruits and hires without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We offer excellent benefit packages for our full-time employees.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Life insurance
CBS 62 & CW50 welcome your cooperation in its recruitment efforts. If you know of individuals who might be interested and qualified for this position, please refer them to us as indicated in the description.
Please do not mail, email, or fax resumes to our offices. Only qualified candidates considered will be contacted for an interview.
Position: WEATHER PRODUCER/ WEEKEND ANCHOR
WWJ-TV/WKBD-TV, the ViacomCBS-owned duopoly in Detroit, has an opening for a Weather Producer/Weekend Weather Anchor. This is a full-time position in the WWJ-TV News department with duties including, but not limited to, serving as Meteorologist, Weather Reporter, Video Editor, Program Announcer, Program Producer and Program Host. This individual will also make appearances as a representative of the stations at locations or events as assigned.
- Prepare and deliver weather reports and forecasts for on-air and on digital platforms at regularly scheduled times, either live or recorded. Deliver severe weather updates as needed.
- Analyze weather data and synthesize the information into clear, easy-to-understand graphics.
- Present weathercasts from the studio or on-location.
- Produce special weather segments for implementation in newscasts.
- A minimum of five years of television broadcast experience with proven operating knowledge of weather forecasting and presentation software is required.
- A degree in Meteorology or related science is preferred.
- The qualified candidate will possess very strong, clear, and explanatory on-air presentation skills. We are looking for someone with a proven history of reporting on severe weather and forecasting experience.
- Knowledge and experience with web and social media publishing platforms.
- Must be proficient with non-linear editing systems like Premiere Pro!
- Candidates designated as Certified Broadcast Meteorologists by the American Meteorological Society will get top consideration.
This is the only method in which applications will be accepted for open positions. Please include a cover letter with your resume.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Only qualified candidates considered for this position will be contacted for an interview. We regret that we cannot accept phone calls or respond to individual inquiries.
Thanks for visiting CBSDetroit.com!
CBS 62/ CW50 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the continuing policy of CBS 62 Detroit to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or physical or mental disability, veteran’s status, marital status, or height or weight and to conform to applicable federal and state laws and regulations.