If you’re looking for a career that will motivate, challenge and excite you, look no further. CBS 62 offers you the potential to grow in a creative, fun, and fast-paced work environment.
Work for a company with a long history of success and be a part of an award-winning team. The CBS 62 staff comprises dedicated and enthusiastic people who each possess unique talents and abilities. The Emmys, The Telly Awards, The Associated Press News Awards, The Michigan Association of Broadcasting Awards are just a few of the many awards achieved by employees at CBS 62.
CBS62 provides careers in business, commercial production, design, engineering, office services, programming, promotions, public affairs, and sales.
We take note of hard work and promote from within. There are also plenty of opportunities for relocation at one of our many stations across the country.
CBS Corporation places a high value on providing equal employment opportunities and maintaining a diverse workforce. We work hard to comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination, and we strive to make our workforce reflect the rich diversity of our society. CBS Corporation recruits and hires without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We offer excellent benefit packages for our full-time employees.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Life insurance
CBS 62 welcomes your cooperation in its recruitment efforts. If you know of individuals who might be interested and qualified for this position, please refer them to us as indicated in the description.
Please do not mail, email, or fax resumes to our offices. Only qualified candidates considered will be contacted for an interview.
POSITION: SALES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
CBS Television Stations (WWJ CBS 62 & WKBD CW50) in Detroit is seeking a highly motivated, self-starter with previous experience in broadcast television, cable, and/or digital to join the country’s premier O&O broadcast group. The ideal candidate will have a proven record of growing transactional business, prospecting & closing new business, and experience selling across multiple screens and markets. Possessing a marketing mindset and an understanding of the role advertising plays across a variety of businesses is a must. Looking for a team player, with a drive to succeed in a goal-oriented, fast-paced sales environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Sell CBS properties and assets to advertising agencies & direct clients
- Grow transactional account revenue and share
- Develop new broadcast and digital business
- Sell high-profile events and create customized advertising opportunities that help clients grow their business
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with marketing decision-makers
- Accurately project and forecast revenue activity
- Possess excellent presentation, problem-solving and analytic skills
- A proven negotiator who is effectively persuasive with all client types
- The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, creative, energetic, and driven to succeed
- Excellent time management skills and have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in traditional advertising platforms and products (Wide Orbit, STRATA, Salesforce, Nielsen, ComScore) would be a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint & Excel
- Proven track record of sales success and knowledge of online sales offerings
- College degree preferred
POSITION: WEB PRODUCER (PART-TIME)
The Web Producer produces compelling content for CBSDetroit.com & CW50detroit.com, under the guidance of the Digital Content Manager, and writes/schedules posts across station social media accounts. The primary goal is to create engaging content to assist with building site traffic and growing social media reach.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Under leadership from Digital Content Manager, creatively brainstorm and produce compelling articles, videos, & interactive content to resonate with local users
- Schedule and write social media posts for all CBS Detroit & CW50 Detroit accounts
- Assist in adapting TV materials to CBSDetroit.com & CW50detroit.com
- Work to increase traffic through outreach to other content aggregators
- Help represent the stations in the online sphere (station websites and social media), interacting with users, answering comments, and addressing inquiries as they arise.
- Work with Digital Content Manager to maintain the overall integrity of websites
MINIMUM ABILITY, SKILL, AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent writing skills (and copy-editing skills) a must.
- Thorough attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and work under tight deadlines
- Must be social media savvy
- An eye for good local and viral content
- Experience with WordPress & Adobe Photoshop preferred.
- Degree preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
This is the only method in which applications will be accepted for open positions. Please include a cover letter with your resume.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Only qualified candidates considered for this position will be contacted for an interview. We regret that we cannot accept phone calls or respond to individual inquiries.
Thanks for visiting CBSDetroit.com!
CBS 62 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the continuing policy of CBS 62 Detroit to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or physical or mental disability, veteran’s status, marital status, or height or weight and to conform to applicable federal and state laws and regulations.