Best Cars For Young And Old Drivers
A recent report picks the best cars suitable for teen and senior drivers.
The September issue of Consumer Reports presents the best choices of cars for all sizes and types of drivers.
Honda Accord is named the only car on the list that is suggested for drivers both young and old, but also tall and small.
In addition to Honda Accord, all picks in the report are recommended vehicles with a minimum average reliability.
For parents and teens shopping for a car while on a budget, Consumer Reports offers used model cars on the list.
They recommend choosing a vehicle with safety features for the inexperienced driver, including electronic stability control, curtain air bags and good crash-test results.
Details important for seniors are cars that offer easy access, good visibility, a roomy driving position and comfortable seats.
Take a look at a few of the choices of suitable cars for teens and seniors:
Good Models for Teen drivers:
- Small sedans: Hyundai Elantra SE (2008-2010), Mazda3 (2007-), Scion xB (2008-)
- Midsized sedans: Acura TSX (2004-), Honda Accord (2008-), Kia Optima (2007-)
- Small SUVs: Honda CR-V (2005-), Nissan Rogue (2008-)
Good Models for Senior drivers:
- Minivans: Honda Odyssey
- Small SUV: Subaru Forester XT Limited
- Upscale sedan: Hyundai Azera
- Family sedan: Honda Accord
- Microvan: Kia Rondo
(Copyright 2010 WWJ Radio. All Rights Reserved. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)