Novi School Evacuated
Students at a Novi elementary school were sent home early Wednesday after an electrical smell caused concern.
Students from Novi Woods Elementary on Taft Road were moved to neighboring Meadows Elementary shortly after school started. A motor at the school overheated when there was a problem with a DTE Energy line outside the school.
Administrators made the decision to evacuate as a precaution after a minor electrical smell was located near the gym.
There are no injuries reported.
Students were kept in the 6th grade gym at Novi Meadows School as teachers contacted parents to pick up their children.
District officials say most kids had been picked up by 12:30 p.m.