Novi School Evacuated

Students at a Novi elementary school were sent home early Wednesday after an electrical smell caused concern.

Students from Novi Woods Elementary on Taft Road were moved to neighboring Meadows Elementary shortly after school started. A motor at the school overheated when there was a problem with a DTE Energy line outside the school.

Administrators made the decision to evacuate as a precaution after a minor electrical smell was located near the gym.

There are no injuries reported.

Students were kept in the 6th grade gym at Novi Meadows School as teachers contacted parents to pick up their children.

District officials say most kids had been picked up by 12:30 p.m.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Detroit

Best 4th Of July Concerts In Metro DetroitStaying home this weekend? Celebrate the 4th of July by rocking out at one of these shows.
Hump Day Drinks: 8 Cheery Cocktail RecipesNow that you've made it through half the work week, it's time to celebrate!

Watch & Listen