Mom: Son’s Choking Game Death Is A ‘Bad Dream’

A Westland mother whose 11-year-old son died while playing a “choking game” says she hopes other parents will learn from her sixth-grader’s mistake.

Television stations WJBK and WDIV say Brandon Stine of Westland was found dead in his bedroom Sunday while playing a game that causes children to pass out and wake up with a rush.

Police say entries on Brandon’s Facebook page indicate the Marshall Upper Elementary School student may have previously played the game commonly known as “Pass Out,” “Tap Out,” “Hangman,” and “Elevator.”

Jenny Stine says her son vowed to never play the game, and she keeps “thinking it’s a bad dream.” She and her husband are laid off.

Stine urges parents to get involved with their children – even if that means invading their privacy. 
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Detroit

Best Fall Festivals In Metro DetroitFrom music to art to special events, there's a little something for everyone's delight.
Best 4th Of July Concerts In Metro DetroitStaying home this weekend? Celebrate the 4th of July by rocking out at one of these shows.

Watch & Listen