Police To Give Update On Missing Boys Case
MORENCI (WWJ/AP) - The Morenci police chief plans a news conference on Tuesday to discuss efforts to locate three boys missing since Thanksgiving.
In a news release Monday, police say Chief Larry Weeks will provide an update on the investigation and “a shift in the investigative focus.”
Nine-year-old Andrew, 7-year-old Alexander and 5-year-old Tanner Skelton were last seen at their father’s home in Morenci along the Michigan-Ohio state line.
Authorities and volunteers searched for the boys in Ohio and Michigan. Weeks has said he doesn’t expect a positive outcome.
Meantime, organizers are putting together a number of community events to increase the reward fund for tips that lead to the boys’ return. The Mayor of Morenci has formed a special committee to handle the effort, which includes an auction at the local high school and a “yellow ribbon project”.
Their father, John Skelton, has told police he gave his sons to an organization, but has not released the name. Last week, he said
He remains in police custody, charged with kidnapping in this case.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.