Credit Myths and Facts: Live Video Webinar

“Credit Reports and Scores: Separating Myth from Fact”
Presented by GreenPath Debt Solutions

Credit reports and scores are making headlines today, which brings up questions and concerns for all consumers: Will pulling a report hurt my score? Who is looking at my credit report? Should I pay for a copy? Why should you know your credit score?

Let GreenPath Debt Solutions help you separate myth from fact in this informative top 10 list on credit reports and scores.

Thanks to everyone who participated!  – Watch the video now at this link –

Presented by:

mcnamara munzenberger Credit Myths and Facts: Live Video Webinar

– More Financial Fitness Webinars Coming Up at –

1. greg says:

Someone told me that carrying a balance on my credit card every couple of months – instead of paying off the full balance each month – would actaully help improve my credit score. That seems wierd to me. Is it true? And, why?

2. Laura says:

a few years ago I closed several credit cards I didn’t use, thinking that would improve my credit score. I was told that was the wrong thing to do. How many credit cards should a person have? Does it help your score to have more credit cards open than you actually use? (And does this include store-specific cards like Macy, Kohls, etc? Or just Visa/MC/Discover?)

3. Kyle S says:

I’ve heard ads for “getting rid of debt”. Always thought it sounded too good to be true, like a scam. What’s the difference betwn debt elimination/forgiveness, debt reduction, debt management?

4. John says:

Is there a way to obtain my credit report for free — really for free? I tried the place that advertises “free credit reports” dot com and found there was a fee.

5. Deidre says:

Which credit reporting company is most important. i think there are 3 different ones. And now that I think about it, why are there 3 anyway? Do they all carry the same weight?

6. Ronnie says:

How do you get something fixed on your credit report? Or, have an explanation attached to a a specific entry? EX: Car accident — outstanding disputed ambulance bill, which insurance co was supposed to pay — has hit my credit score. What can I do to have it removed or explained?

7. Emily says:

Worried that if my purse or credit cards were lost/stolen, someone might make a huge purchase with them. So, I contacted my credit card companies and told them to reduce my limits… thinking I was protecting myself. I mean, who needs a $20k limit on a credit card?!? Now it seems I shouldn’t have done that. But, I don’t know. Should I let them raise my limits when they offer? Does having a really high (not used) limit help a credit score?

8. Doris says:

My daughter is a senior in HS. She’s pretty mature for 17. Should I help her acquire a credit card when she turns 18, and have her use it periodically, to begin establishing credit? If so, are there certain credit card companies that would be more likely to grant her a credit card than others? Dept store card vs. major Visa/MC?

9. Sam says:

It seems like credit card companies prey on college students. I see them on campus trying to convince college kids to sign up for a card – and get free gifts.Hopefully my son won’t fall for it, but is this appropriate for them to do?

10. JorgeMSU says:

Does it hurt my credit to shop for a mortgage? Every time you work with a loan officer to get rates and closing costs estimates they have to run a credit report. I’ve been told that if the inquiries are in the same industry segment it’s not as bad as if there are inquiries across different segments like auto, store credit, home loans etc…