Fire At Vacant Detroit House Speads To 2nd Home
DETROIT (WWJ) – Part of the roof and some walls were blown off a vacant house on Detroit’s east side on Monday following what appears to be a natural gas explosion.
The fire at the house on East Ferry Street spread to a second house nearby.
Officials are investigating whether the natural gas connection had been shut off at the house where the explosion occurred.
Neighbors tell investigators that vandals recently had been inside the house, stripping it of wires, metal pipes and anything else of value.
There were no reports of injuries.