8 Easy Weight Loss Tips
May 10, 2011 1:32 PM
Shedding pounds and getting in bikini-ready shape just got a heck of a lot easier, thanks to these recent discoveries. Check out these tips to get you ready for your summer gear!
- Getting a tan – A tan gives you a more slimming look
- Drink water before each meal – Drinking at least 2 glasses of water before your meal fills your stomach up and you consume less food at the meal
- Snack on nuts – Snacking on nuts gives you a feeling of fullness
- Don’t use see-thru food containers – outta sight, outta mind, out of your mouth! If you can see it, you will want it.
- Snack on seaweed – Seaweed is known to reduce the amount of fat absorbed by your body
- Go to the gym before work – a study claims the brainpower we use up during a crazy day at work makes us lose the will to do anything else, like….exercise. So people who put off working out till the end of the day are much less likely to end up doing it.
- Turn down the heat – Researchers learned that when people are exposed to slightly chilly conditions (think: in the 60s), a process called non-shivering thermogenesis kicks in. That causes your body to burn calories — around 100 to 200 a day!
- Spice up your food with pepper – Adding a teaspoon of cayenne red pepper to what you eat throughout the day can increase how many calories you burn and squash hunger pains.
Read more pop news with 98.7 AMP Radio’s Shay Shay