CBS62logoNEW2013_blue_final_header_White wwj950-sm2011b 971-ticket-35smb 35h_CBSSportsRad_Detroit

Local

Series Actor Reports “Detroit 187″ Canceled

View Comments
On the set of Detroit 1-8-7, earlier this year (WWJ Photo).

On the set of Detroit 1-8-7, earlier this year (WWJ Photo).

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

DETROIT (WWJ) – Various news sites, including Entertainment Weekly and AOL.com, are reporting that ABC has officially canceled “Detroit 187.”

Series regular Erin Cummings tweeted Friday: “To clarify: yes, it’s official. Detroit 187 has been canceled. Thank you for the support.”

Just before Erin Cummings was to testify before a state Senate hearing on the Michigan film industry, she got a message from her fan site.

“Then I saw it was posted by my fan site, and they are very reliable. So, I learned right there, it was very hard not to cry,” says Cummings.

The series actor tells WWJ that it’s been rumored for months that the crime drama filmed in Detroit would be canceled.

Cummings says she can’t help but think that the cutbacks in the Michigan film incentives had a role in the canceling of the Detroit based crime drama.

Cummings says she will continue to come back to Detroit having fallen in love with the city and to work on the charity she begin while working on “Detroit 187″.

 “I had made a commitment to come back once a month because I’m the founder of ‘Mittens For Detroit’ a charity, (and) we just now became a 501c3 so we’ll be able to start taking financial donations and doing a lot more good for Detroit,” says Cummings.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,933 other followers