New & Improved Movement Festival iPhone App Now Available on iTunes
Visit CBS Detroit's
A Movement Electronic Music Festival iPhone application is now available on iTunes.
The official electronic guide to Movement 2011, held May 28-30 in Detroit’s Hart Plaza, has new and improved features for this year’s edition.
The cost for the official Movement 2011 app is just 99 cents and it can be purchased at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/official-2011-movement-festival/id437458049?mt=8.
The festival also announced that there would be free Wi-Fi connectivity in festival areas of Hart Plaza, thanks to a partnership between Paxahau, the Ferndale-based promotion company that has been putting on the festival since 2006, and Zing Networks Inc. and Any‐Packet Technology Distribution LLC.
(CBS Detroit’s roundup on the festival may be found at http://detroit.cbslocal.com/guide/guide-to-movement-electronic-music-festival/.)
Some of the new features for this year’s app include:
* A “Now Playing” feature that allows people to see a list of which artists are currently playing and also which artists will start in the next 20 minutes.
* A “My Schedule” feature that allows you to keep track of your customized schedule that can be sorted by days and you can also remove artists after you have seen their show with one touch.
* An “Alarm” feature that can be set for 5, 10, or 15 minutes on your personal festival schedule before your selected artist starts performing.
* Web sites and videos will play inside of the app instead of jumping out to Safari or the YouTube app.
* Icons for Facebook, Twitter, Myspace on the right-side of artist photo.
Returning app features from last year’s edition include:
* Lineup: See every artist at the festival and sort them by alphabetical order, by set time, and also by day and stages.
* Artist Bio: Tap on any artist in any list and be taken to their bio page. You can see the day that they are playing, at what time, and on what stage. Artist bio pages also have social media links, a music link, a video of them, and a link to their Web site.
* Friend Finder: Show your friends where you are in the crowd by placing an “I am here” arrow on a picture of last year’s crowd. Choose from pictures of the entire festival grounds or the individual stages. Your friends don’t need the app to receive the pictures.
* Map: See a zoom-able/scrollable map of the entire festival grounds that opens to full-screen size.
* After Party: See the official after parties and sort them by day. You can see the flyer for the party along with other information. Tap map to get instant directions to the after party.
* Flashlight: Bright white screen to help you find something on the ground or look through your purse at night.
The Movement Electronic Music Festival is an internationally recognized music marathon that delivers three days and three nights of non-stop performances from more than 100 artists across five stages, set in an outdoor plaza located along the Detroit River. Headlining talent from around the world performs alongside legendary hometown heroes as thousands of festival-goers dance to the music, and then keep the celebrations going at a full roster of epic afterparties. Nearly 100,000 people from across the globe attended the festival in 2010. Visit www.movement.us to view the schedule and purchase tickets.
Pre-sale weekend, one-day and VIP passes are still available at www.Movement.us through 11:59 p.m. Saturday, May 29. One-day passes will be available at the gate for only $40. Three-day weekend passes will cost $80 at the gate. VIP passes will be available for $150 while supplies last.
With a VIP pass, festival-goers receive access to the following:
* Private check-in area to receive your credentials
* Access to large area above and behind the main stage
* Private bar – 6 complimentary drink tickets
* Discounted drinks available at the VIP bar
* Deluxe private executive bathroom trailers
* Voucher good for 1 Official Movement T-shirt (while supplies last)