DeVoses Announce Challenge Grant For Seidman Campaign
Rich and Helen DeVos, honorary general chairpersons for the Shaping Our Future comprehensive campaign, announced a challenge grant at this week’s groundbreaking for Grand Valley State University’s L. William Seidman Center.
The DeVoses, who provided the lead gift for the L. William Seidman Center campaign, have established a dollar-for-dollar match for all new and additional gifts made to the Seidman Center from now until June 30. Nearly $23 million of the $25 million in private funds needed for the Seidman Center has been raised. The total cost of the project is $40 million.
The Seidman Center, to be built at 38 Front Ave. in downtown Grand Rapids, is scheduled to be completed in spring 2013, with classes scheduled to begin in fall 2013.
Highlights of the project are:
* The four-story center will be 110,000 square feet;
* A multi-purpose room with capacity for more than 200 people will house lectures and other events for the college;
* A state-of-the-art trading room will accommodate 42 students and simulate an actual trading room environment for students to learn about investment and portfolio analyses;
* Student collaboration and study spaces include rooms that can be reserved utilizing web-based technology for group work;
* The college’s many outreach programs will be located on the first floor of the building for easier access by local businesses.
For more information, including details of the campaign challenge, visit www.gvsu.edu/giving/seidmancenter or call GVSU News and Information Services at (616) 331-2221.