Auburn Hills-based Plex Systems Inc. said Thursday that this week’s annual PowerPlex user conference was the best-attended in the event’s 10-year history, drawing nearly 700 attendees.
Plex Systems is the provider of Plex Online, cloud-based manufacturing management software.
The three-day event featured regional and global manufacturers that are “Taking the Lead” as high performers at the leading edge of the manufacturing sector’s uptick.
The conference consisted of networking and learning sessions led by Plex Systems staff, partners and members of the community of Plex Online users, and included:
* A State of the Company presentation by Mark Symonds, Plex Systems president and CEO, showcasing enhanced product offerings and successes with an emphasis on the importance of globalization and expansion into new markets.
* A series of well-attended partner presentations from Plex Systems’ partners Baker Tilly, Plante Moran, Kors Engineering, and Revolution Group.
* Revolution Group debuted their integration between Plex Online, and Salesforce.com’s Salesforce Chatter, a powerful collaboration application for the enterprise to connect and share information securely with people at work in real-time.
* An in-depth technology update provided by Plex Systems leadership introduced new tools that enable community-driven enhancements to the software including Wiki functionality and an active Customer Forum; as well as access of the Plex Online system via a range of mobile applications and partner-enabled development.
* Informative “fast track” classes helped long-time users of the Plex Online system see new features covering all aspects of the system such as ERP, Quality, Supply Chain, Lean Manufacturing, Finance, Inventory and more.
The event serves as the opportunity to gauge common critical success factors of manufacturers in a range of industries using Cloud ERP software.
PowerPlex also includes several “PlexGiving” charitable events, including a silent auction, raffles, charity golf event and other programs in support of Gleaners Community Food Bank and St. Clair Butterfly Foundation, 2011 Plex Systems charitable partners. The various activities raised in excess of $11,400 for Plex Systems’ charity partners.
“PowerPlex 2011 is the one time every year that the entire Plex Online community of users gets together to share best practices, and to help make
each other more effective in their professional roles,” Symonds said.
“PowerPlex is a complement to all of the online events and interactions our
community has throughout the year, and enables our community to strengthen
bonds among peers in different manufacturing industries.”
More at www.plex.com.