DEARBORN (WWJ) – Wayne County Department of Public Service’s Land Resource Management Division has scheduled a countywide Household Hazardous Waste collection for Saturday, June 18.
The collection, open to Wayne County residents only, will be held from 8 am to 2 pm at Henry Ford Community College, 5101 Evergreen Road, in Dearborn.
The collection is designed to accept unwanted household chemicals for proper disposal. All waste must be from residential sources.
Items that will be accepted include:
- Household paints and stains,
- Floor-care items
- Furniture polish
- Bathroom cleaners
- Lawn and garden chemicals
- Fluorescent and compact fluorescent light bulbs
- Old computers and TVs.
- Pharmaceutical waste (non-controlled substances only)
- Medical sharps in puncture-proof containers
Items that are not accepted include:
- Commercial, industrial waste
- Ammunition and explosives
- 55-gallon drums
- Radioactive materials
- Unknown, unlabeled waste
- Shock sensitive materials
- Household trash
For more information, contact Wayne County’s Resource Recovery Coordinator at 734-326-3936.