The Detroit Tigers have a candidate to be the final player placed on the American League roster for the 2011 MLB All-Star Game to be played in Phoenix, Arizona on July 12.
• Victor Martinez is the Tigers “Final Vote” Candidate
• He will be going up against four other AL players
• Voting begins at 1:00PM on July 3 and continues until 4PM, Thursday, July 7
• Tigers fans are encouraged to go to tigers.com/vote.
• Fans can text A4 to 89269 to cast a vote for Victor Martinez. That’s A4 to 89269. Message and data rates may apply.
• Fans can vote an unlimited number of times
• Fans are encouraged to spread the vote message on social networks using the hashtag: #VoteVictor
• Fans that vote for Victor Martinez at least 100 times are automatically entered to win two tickets to an upcoming Tigers home game with the opportunity to watch batting practice from the field and meet Victor Martinez
• ALL fans that participate in the final vote will receive a free 10-day trial of MLB.tv. (If fan is already an MLB.tv subscriber, they will receive a 15% discount at the MLB.com shop)
• MLB.com also will launch the 2011 All-Star Game Campaign Headquarters, which gives fans the chance to join a campaign for any of the 10 candidates and compete to become that player’s online “Campaign Manager.”