DETROIT (WWJ) – Start planning next year’s family reunion or company picnic — the Huron-Clinton Metroparks will start accepting picnic shelter reservations for 2012 starting Saturday, October 1.
David Moilanen, HCMA director, said the picnic shelters are in high demand during the summer, and suggests planning ahead and reserving early.
Reservations will be accepted in the park offices at the following Metroparks, beginning October 1:
- For shelters at Hudson Mills, Delhi, Dexter-Huron and Huron Meadows Metroparks, reserve at Hudson Mills Metropark park office in person or by calling 734-426-8211.
- For shelters at Indian Springs Metropark, reserve in person or by calling 248-625-6640.
- For shelters at Kensington Metropark, reserve in person or by calling 248-685-1561.
- For shelters at Lake Erie Metropark, reserve in person or by calling 734-379-5020.
- For shelters at Lower Huron and Willow Metroparks, reserve at Lower Huron Metropark park office in person or by calling 734-697-9181.
- For shelters at Metro Beach Metropark, reserve in person or by calling 586-463-4581.
- For shelters at Stony Creek and Wolcott Mill Metroparks, reserve at Stony Creek Metropark park office in person or by calling 586-781-4242.
A Metroparks vehicle entry permit is required to enter any Metropark, which costs $25 annually, $15 annually for seniors or $5 daily. The rental rate for a standard picnic shelter is $150 per day. Larger shelters are available at select parks for $175 per day.
For more information, call the Administrative Office of the Huron-Clinton Metroparks at 1-800-477-2757 or go to www.metroparks.com.