CBS62logoNEW2013_blue_final_header_White wwj950-sm2011b 971-ticket-35smb 35h_CBSSportsRad_Detroit

Local

Arrest In Plymouth-Canton School Threat

View Comments
patvitale Pat Vitale
My life certainly has changed since my early days in radio. After...
Read More

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

CANTON (WWJ) – A student has been taken into custody in connection with threatening letters found at Plymouth-Canton Schools.

In a statement late Friday afternoon, the Canton Police Department said a juvenile was transported to the Wayne County youth home and the case is being referred to the Wayne County Prosecutor’s office to determine charges.

The suspect’s name was not released and police were not expected to release any further details about the case on Friday.

Two threatening notes, found on separate days earlier this week, prompted lockdowns on the Plymouth-Canton Educational Park campus.

The situation Monday forced the early dismissal of all students at all three high schools: Salem, Plymouth and Canton.  But WWJ Newsradio 950 has learned that district officials will get some answers on Friday.

Canton police have made the case a priority this week, even offering a $2,000 reward.

Speaking to WWJ on Thursday, Canton Police Lt. Scott Hilden encouraged students not to be afraid to get involved and come forward with tips. “The seriousness of the offense …nobody should be trying to cover for anybody,” said Hilden.

The new developments come ahead of Friday night’s homecoming game between football rivals — Plymouth and Canton.

Stay with WWJ as we continue to follow this story.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,881 other followers