Beaumont Health Center To Host Free Family Health, Safety Day
ROYAL OAK (WWJ) – The Beaumont Health Center is hosting Family Health & Safety Day on Saturday, Oct. 8. from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., offering free screenings and health and safety information for people of all ages.
Parents will also have the chance to have their children protected through the Michigan Child Identification Program.
The event will feature interactive activities and educational information at tables inside the center that include:
- Michigan Masons sponsored Michigan Child Identification Program
- Lions Club sponsored vision screenings
- Beaumont Speech and Language speech assessments
- Center for Children’s Rehabilitation fall safety craft projects
- Center for Pain Medicine presenting prescription drug safety and teens info
- Neuro Rehabilitation fall risk assessments and home safety demonstrations
- Hyperbaric Medicine providing tours and information
- Physical Therapy detailing common sports injuries and injury prevention tips
- Occupational Therapy offering reaction testing for adults and ergonomic tips
- Weight Control Center healthy cooking demonstrations and food information
- Safety City U.S.A. hosting bicycle helmet raffle and instruction
- Parenting Program with secrets of childproofing your home and car seat safety
- Community involvement with local police and fire departments
The Family Health & Safety Day will take place from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Beaumont Health Center, 4949 Coolidge Highway, Royal Oak. This event and all of its activities are free to the public.
For more information about the event, call the Beaumont Health Center at 248-655-5695.