Afternoon Classes At Specs Howard Cancelled After Gas Leak Scare
SOUTHFIELD (WWJ) – Afternoon classes have been cancelled at Specs Howard School of Media Arts in Southfield after a gas leak scare.
WWJ’s Beth Fisher reports At first, officials thought they had a gas leak, so they evacuated students and called in crews to investigate the problem.
Consumers Energy went to the campus and discovered there was some gas that went into the school’s intake valve, but there was not a gas leak.
Radio and video students at the school, like Daniel Bishop, are ok with being dismissed early.
“I’ll probably go home and go back to sleep, take a nap or something,” he said.
Other students, like Rachel Stallworth, are a little disappointed because they were hoping to finish projects during class.
“I’ll probably just go home and do a little studying,” she said.
Classes will resume at the school at 6 p.m. Friday.