Nominate Your Driver For ‘Goodyear’s North American Highway Hero Program’
DETROIT (WWJ) – Do you know a truck driver who has performed a heroic deed? Don’t miss the deadline to recognize drivers who put themselves in harm’s way to save someone else.
Nominations for The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company’s 29th annual North America Highway Hero program will be accepted until Nov. 30.
“The Highway Hero program was created by Goodyear to recognize professional truck drivers and the life-saving rescues and roadside assistance they provide as their jobs take them across North America,” Joseph Copeland, vice president, Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems, said in a written statement.
“Through this program, we’ve heard hundreds of stories of truck drivers’ bravery and selflessness. We believe the public should hear about these acts of heroism, as well.”
For award consideration, the following criteria must be met:
- The nominee must be a full-time truck driver
- The nominee must reside in the United States or Canada
- The incident must have occurred in the United States or Canada
- The nominee must have been on the job or on the way to or from work, and in his or her rig at the time of the incident
- The nominee’s truck at the time of the incident must have had 14 or more wheels
- The incident must have occurred between Nov. 16, 2010, and Nov. 15, 2011, to qualify for this year’s program
After the nomination period ends, the list will be pared down to four finalists, with one individual selected by a trucking industry panel of judges to serve as the annual ambassador for the program.