Matt Dery’s Random Thoughts: Bradley Has Mixed Emotions
1. Penn State interim head coach Tom Bradley spoke earlier today on campus. Holding a news conference to discuss taking over for his mentor Joe Paterno, Bradley, a former Nittany Lion player and longtime defensive coordinator, says he has mixed emotions taking over for Paterno, who was fired last night. He spent a lot of time unable to
answer many specific questions about Jerry Sandusky and the sexual molestation case. Bradley also asked if assistant coach Mike McQueary will be with the team against the huskers Saturday.
2. Pittsburgh area writer and broadcaster Mark Madden reports that police may also be investigating Sandusky “pimping out young boys to rich Penn State donors”… just another nasty report coming out of State College. Meantime, Nebraska board of regents are fearful for the safety of coaches, players, and fans of the huskers come saturday. They want extra security and a plan in place for their safety for the game.
3. Jason Hanson was back at Lions practice today, the veteran kicker booting the ball without discomfort. After he missed yesterday’s practice due to a sore knee, Ryan Donahue was not punting a ball during the open
portion of practice.. He strained his quad yesterday..
4. Tonight is Thursday night NFL with Oakland at San Diego, hear it at 8:20 p.m. on 97-1 the ticket.
5. Washington Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos, kidnapped by four gunmen last night, is alive according to Venezuelan police.