SAE, MIT Forum Name Auto Innovation Finalists
TROY — The SAE Detroit Section and MITEF Great Lakes announced five finalists for the fourth annual Automotive Innovation Competition.
These five pioneering companies offer promising ideas to solve today’s automotive industry challenges and are competing for $50,000 in acceleration services at the Tuesday, Nov 15, finals.
“These five candidates were chosen because of their abilities to identify and cultivate new technologies and solutions for the automotive industry,” said David Stout, SAE Detroit Section Operations Board and founder of the event. “This competition has been critical in advancing and accelerating the production of new automotive technologies. We are proud to support these companies as they help to drive innovative changes in the industry.”
If you have interest in the high tech, rapid innovation side of the automotive market, then you will want to meet these innovators and network with automotive business development leaders next Tuesday.
The 2011 five finalists include:
* Dynamic Intelligent Solutions LLC (www.dynamic3dmeasure.com ) – developed an innovative, patent-pending process called ChamberCam that takes measuring the dimensional stability of components under extreme climatic conditions to a whole new level in terms of efficiency, reduced development, time and cost.
* Inphodrive LTD (www.drivesynphony.com) – developed innovative solutions that combine its proprietary algorithms with advanced technologies for speech analysis and replication to give drivers access to information and controls through voice activation and vocal interface.
* International Metals & Energy Technology LTD (IMET) (www.autogreenpower.com and www.dieselnet.com/dr.rim) – developed a retrofit diesel particulate filter system that traps all diesel particulate matter from exhaust gases and periodically regenerates the filter using fuel-borne and engine-oil-borne catalysts.
* MagWerks LED – developed energy efficient and environmentally benign solutions in LED headlamp and fog light designs.
* Quantum Signal (www.quantumsignal.com) – developed an innovative, forward-looking, monocular-based vision system for automotive safety, navigation and related applications.
The winner of the competition will receive business commercialization acceleration services, including:
* Business acceleration consulting and introduction leads from AutoTech and Technology Highway
* Patent strategy consulting from Quinn Law Group
* $5,000 cash award from General Motors
* Automotive marketing and public relations strategy from Eisbrenner Public Relations
* One year membership for online collaborative web meeting tools from Conveneweb.com
* SAE 2012 World Congress poster presentation at a reduced cost
* Annual Celebration of Entrepreneurship (ACE) Jan. 31, 2012 table top display
* OESA Innovation Forum membership
The winner will be announced at an event the evening of Nov. 15, at the San Marino Club, 1658 E. Big Beaver Road in Troy. Social hour with cocktails starts at 5:15 p.m. All five finalists will be in attendance to give a presentation on their product. A panel of judges will include key automotive new technology decision makers from Ford, General Motors, and TARDEC. Online reservations for the finals are available at www.sae-detroit.org.