MOUNT CLEMENS (WWJ) - As a fun, traditional start to the holiday season, Santa Claus will arrive in Downtown Mount Clemens by horse-drawn sleigh on Friday, Nov 18.
On Santa’s cue, Downtown Mount Clemens will spring to light with all of the Downtown holiday decorations illuminating at once. Mayor Barb Dempsey will then present Santa Claus with the key to the city. The jolly old elf will also lead everyone in a few Christmas chorals.
This beloved holiday tree lighting signals the annual start of the holiday season, where families come out and spend quality time with Santa at this unharried event.
The Motor City Melodies, an all-girl choir, will kick-off this year’s festivities at the Fountain Stage at 5:30 p.m., followed by Santa Claus’s arrival 6 p.m.
Free pictures with Santa and free horse-drawn trolley rides are event hallmarks. The boarding station will be located at the northwest corner of Macomb Place and N. Walnut Street.
From 6:30 until 9 p.m., families will have the opportunity for free pictures with Santa Claus. There’s also numerous activities planned throughout the Downtown area, with several locally-owned businesses getting into the holiday spirit with free or low cost children’s activities:
- Decorating Christmas Ornaments with Max & Ollie’s at the Anton Art Center – 125 Macomb Pl.
- Make Your Own Christmas Button at the Anton Art Center – 125 Macomb Pl.
- Christmas Card Making for Our Overseas Troop at Seeburger’s Cheeseburger – 71 N. Main St.
- Visit Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph and free face painting at ABC Magic – 39 Macomb Pl.
- Santa’s Elf Tells a Story at The MINDs Eye – 81 Macomb Pl.
- Free hot chocolate and snacks at Fritt’s Pub – 77 N. Main St
For more information, call 586-469-4168.