CLINTON TWP. (WWJ) – A Clinton Township family can thank a smoke detector for helping them escape an early morning fire Tuesday.
The father heard the alarm on the first floor and was able to wake up his son who was sleeping in the basement of the home near Wellington Crescent and Harper roads.
The father, son and three others also made it out of the house. They were not hurt.
The cause hasn’t been determined.
Fire officials say firefighters were hampered in their work by a partial collapse of the floor.