The Inn At St. John’s Joins 2012 AAA Four Diamond Award Honorees
PLYMOUTH (WWJ) – The Inn at St. John’s in Plymouth is the latest Metro Detroit property to be awarded AAA’s prestigious Four-Diamond rating for hospitality industry excellence. A total 14 hotels and six restaurants across Michigan have earned the AAA Four-Diamond Award for 2012.
Five outstanding Detroit properties received the designation. They include The Westin Book Cadillac (2 consecutive years); the MotorCity Casino Hotel (3 years) and its restaurant, Iridescence (11 years), and MGM Grand (4 years) and its restaurant, Saltwater (4 years).
The other award-winning hotels include:
- Birmingham – The Townsend Hotel (24 years)
- Dearborn – The Dearborn Inn ( 9 years) and The Henry Hotel Autograph Collection (23 years)
- Grand Rapids – Amway Grand Plaza Hotel ( 27 years) and JW Marriott Hotel Grand Rapids (5 years)
- Mackinac Island – Grand Hotel (18 years)
- Mount Pleasant – Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort (14 years)
- Rochester – Royal Park Hotel (6 years)
- Romulus – The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport (9 years)
- Southfield – The Westin Southfield (10 years)
The other AAA Four Diamond restaurants include:
- Birmingham – Rugby Grill (11 years)
- Farmington Hills – Cafe Cortina (9 years)
- Grand Rapids – Cygnus 27 (8 years)
- West Bloomfield – The Lark (22 years)
The AAA Four Diamond rating is assigned to lodgings that are refined and stylish with upscale physical attributes and offer guests extensive amenities and a wide range of services.
Restaurants at this level offer a distinctive fine-dining experience marked by highly creative chefs, complex menus, fresh top-quality ingredients and knowledgeable staff.
The awards will be presented by AAA Michigan at a special luncheon on Monday, March 26, during the Pure Michigan Governor’s Conference on Tourism 2012 at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel in Grand Rapids.