Mike Valenti’s Recipe For Buffalo Chicken Dip

Today, 97.1 The Ticket’s Doug Karsch committed a sin. Douglas admitted he had never tried Buffalo Chicken Dip at a Super Bowl party, or at any other sports party. I partly blame him for being a pathetic man and I also blame his wife for not fulfilling her womanly duties and providing such a delicious treat for her young veteran of a husband. Here is the magical recipe I use to delight my friends … Leo the dog also enjoys it when a droplet falls.

• 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese , softened
• 1 cup ranch dressing
• ¾ cup red hot sauce
• 1 rotisserie Chicken, shredded…no skin.
• shredded cheddar cheese , you decide how much
• Feel free to alter recipe as you see fit. I like more chicken and less cheese. Also, I have made a low-fat version of this and you’d never know the difference. Just throwing it out there.
• *** IMPORTANT Do not use chips or scoops…they stink for this dip. Use the thick baked Pita Chips…You need some muscle when diving into this dip, folks.

Directions:

Beat cream cheese, ranch dressing, and red hot sauce
Fold in shredded chicken
Spread mixture into pie plate sprayed with Pam
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes
Add cheddar cheese to top
Bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes
Serve hot with pita chips

More from g) Mike Valenti
Comments

1. Jim says:

It’s better with blue cheese dressing instead of ranch

2. Steve says:

Is that the Ranch Powder or the prepared Ranch?

3. Bill says:

I do mine in a crockpot rather than the oven as it stays hot that way.

4. Matt says:

this is nearly the exact recipe that I have been making for years and am “required” to make for any gathering! Never thought to use rotisserie chicken though… I always used the can chicken like my recipee calls for but I am going to try the rotisserie for this Sunday. I can confirm that the lowfat is exactly the same. I used to always use low fat products and none of my friends new until I let it slip and they demanded I go back to the fully leaded version.

5. Brandi Koskie - DietsInReview.com says:

Hey Mike! Love the idea, but we thought it could be lighter. We found your version had about 487 calories per serving. We made some adjustments and got it down to just over 200 calories!

Check it out! We’d love for you to try it and see if we still captured the essence of your original!

6. Rory Berthet says:

Just made the recipe for tomorrow. Should be awesome!

7. Stephanie says:

Awesome recipe, MIke! Made this for the big game and it was a huge hit, especially with my guy (who is a big fan of your show). Thanks, and GO GREEN!

8. Mark says:

Angry & Pathetic Caller Voice: “Hey Mike, why dont’chu just take your recipe and go back to New York. You make me sick.”

-Mark