Father Of Fallen Vet Protests N.J Flying Flags At Half-Staff For Houston

(CBS News)  KALAMAZOO, Mich. – The father of a Michigan man killed while serving in Iraq was outraged when he heard that flags in New Jersey were being flown at half-staff for the death of Whitney Houston.

John Burri, of Kalamazoo, decided to burn the New Jersey state flag on his outdoor grill in protest.

–READ MORE AT CBSNEWS.COM–

Comments

1. Wrong Long says:

First, my condolences to the father of the fallen soldier. That being said, that new Jersey governor insults the honor of those who have fallen in service as opposed to someone who drowned in a bath tub after a long party night. I suspect that governor was inspired by needing political support from a specific group.

2. Mary says:

Well I am so sorry your Governor is that way there. Glad ours isn’t that way. Cause I would not have lowed my flag. THAT IS AND ONLY SHOULD BE FOR ALL OUR MILITARY!!!!!!!!! MY CONDOLENCES GO OUT TO THE FATHER OF THE FALLEN SOLDIER.

3. Alfonzo says:

It isn’t that the honor is for fallen soldiers. It is for fallen people in the service of their country. Public servants, local , state and federal govt. Christy needs to re-read the law.

4. Peter says:

Thank you Sir for your son’s sacrifice and yours. I truly appreciate my freedom and security. Houston never did a thing to secure my freedom.

5. Flair Detroit says:

That was his right, but all life is sacred…right, right to lifers?

6. dieshard says:

Why honor a drug addict/alcoholic????? She did NOT deserve this honor period!!! Lowering the flag IS an insult to every person who served this great country of ours !!!

More From CBS Detroit

Best 4th Of July Concerts In Metro DetroitStaying home this weekend? Celebrate the 4th of July by rocking out at one of these shows.
Hump Day Drinks: 8 Cheery Cocktail RecipesNow that you've made it through half the work week, it's time to celebrate!

Watch & Listen